Thursday, February 21, 2008

One FLU over the Cuckoo's Nest

After a 13 hour surgery and having my "front end" rearranged, I didn't feel remotely as bad as I feel right now... As spring approached, I thought I had managed to successfully dodge the flu, but noooo. I got it bad. I've been on my back for 3 days with my fever peaking yesterday at over 103. Plus the other typical stuff that comes with the flu; aches, chills, cough, and a killer headache. This one is a real butt-kicker. If I even LOOK at another Gatorade I'm going to scream!!

As always, I have wonderful caretakers. Gary has waited on me hand and foot bringing me soup, medicine and picking up my 'snot rags' with tongs. The puppies have done their best to snuggle with me and keep me warm when I have the chills. I went to my doctor today. He confirmed what I knew to be true, said we were doing all the right stuff, and gave me a script for some high-powered cough medicine. That's what has worried me. I can feel the stuff down there, but it is as solid as tree bark and isn't moving at all. The last thing I need is to develop pneumonia so I wanted to get something to get it loosened up. After all, my follow up surgery is one month from today and I don't want anything to delay that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have the flu. Poor baby! Take care & get well soon. Hi to Gar---
XOXO
Amanda