Saturday, May 31, 2008

Circus Moves to a New Town... (Not Really)

The week has been a blur. We got in to the new place last Friday afternoon and began taping the walls for our weekend long paint-a-thon. The beach bungalow was in pretty bad shape; I don't think it had been painted in at least 20 years. But by Monday afternoon, we'd finished for the most part. We decided to leave the hallway for later since it is so narrow and the movers were certain to 'ding' the walls. But oh what fun this place is. We picked Caribbean colors that sound atrocious, but are really perfect. Light chartreuse for the living room, aqua for the kitchen and dining room, coral for the office, a sea glass green for the bathrooms, and a light khaki green for the bedrooms (not really tropical, but it works with the decor.)

At the crack of 10 on Tuesday the movers showed up. God, we have a lot of crap! We've paired down a lot, but I honestly wonder why we "need" all that we have. Of course, I go through this every time we move, but once the stuff is stowed away, out of sight; out of mind until we need (fill in the blank...) Unpacking this time has been a little slower that our usual pace. I've been trying to take it easy and not wear myself out. But believe me, it is very easy to sit down and stair out the wall of windows facing the Chesapeake. I though our last place had a nice view... Not even close to this!! The weather has been fantastic (breezy and very comfortable) so I open all the windows and doors in the morning and let the air come.

Gary has had to work the last couple of days, so I've been on my own. But the man is a powerhouse. I have no idea where he gets his endless energy. He's my hero. I'm normally pretty anxious to get everything unpacked. I really hate living in such disarray, but it'll get done when it gets done. Mom has so been on my mind. I keep thinking I want to pick up the phone and tell her all about the new place. She would have loved it here. She was a beach bum like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

Also visit my homepage :: http://wiki.terrot.org/index.php/Utilisateur:Roydkjipg