Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unorthodox Question for Readers

I found out yesterday from Dr. Rodriguez that mine is a fairly rare surgery as there are only about 6 hospitals around the country that are doing the DIEP Flap. (I am so incredibly lucky to have been where I am!!) A recently reformed modest person, I have had no reservation about opening my shirt to show what I had done. It is all in the interest of educating people; medically speaking of course. There have been many of you how have expressed curiosity about what my new 'landscape' looks like. So I am offering so show those who are truly interested via a photograph. I am now so passionate about what I had done. The work Dr. Rodriguez did was absolutely a miracle. I have looked at so many pictures of reconstruction online and they just don't compare to my results. I've said it before, but if I can possibly help one single woman out there to get through and past this disease, I will feel as my time on earth has meant something. I understand that for many woman, feeling 'whole' again can be such a challenging part of breast cancer surgery. If in showing my results to you can either help you or someone you know (or even don't know), that will be worth any possible embarrassment I may experience. And believe me, I am not AT ALL embarrassed by the work my surgeon has done!

So if you are interested, please email me at sb.cosby@comcast.net. I realize that there are those who have no interest for many reasons. No worries. That is why I will just email those who are and refrain from putting any such photos on the blog.

No comments: